Australia’s investigation into the mysterious death of Indo-Fijian woman Monica Chetty in 2014 has yet to be concluded, a senior police official said on Friday, as the NSW government recently awarded $ 500,000 for have provided information to be resolved. The trial has been announced.
Monica Chetty, 39, was found alive in Bushland in West Hoxton, about 40 kilometers west of Sydney, in January 2014, five to 10 days after being submerged in acid. She later died in hospital after about a month.
Police had confirmed that officers from the Liverpool City Police Zone Command had been called to Ferraro Crescent of West Hoxton following reports of a woman’s assistance. Upon arrival, police located the woman in a nearby bush, causing severe burns to her face and body.
A spokesman for the New South Wales (NSW) Police said today the investigation is ongoing and no arrests have been made so far.
The spokesperson confirmed that investigations into the nurse’s death are due to begin within the next one or two weeks.
Announcing the A $ 500,000 cash prize earlier this month, David Elliott, the state’s Minister for Police and Emergency Services, said the award for Monica Chetty’s death was an important announcement to which investigators can expect with information. .
Mr Elliott said it has been over six years since Monica Chetty’s suspicious death causing a setback to the community and we all want to know how such a crime could happen.
The minister said that on behalf of the NSW government, I hope this award will somehow help them find the responsibilities so that their families can get the answers they so deserve. need.
Liverpool City Police Zone Commander Adam White also hoped the announcement of the award might signal those who may withhold information to come forward.
Monica Chetty suffered a terrible death and we want to make sure those who inflicted this pain are brought to justice. Mr Spies said earlier this month that investigations into the circumstances surrounding our deaths are ongoing and we hope this award can inspire those who may have important information.
In a press release issued by NSW Police, Monica Chetty’s son Daniel Chetty said it was difficult not to respond about his mother for over six years.
He said it was really hard for my mom not to be here for special occasions and milestones.
Superintendent Whyte said criminals should be concerned.
At some point we’re going to knock on his door, news.com.au was told.
Someone came out of there, heard, saw or knew something. The award should get someone to come forward, White said.
(Except for the title, this story was not edited by NDTV employees and posted from a syndicated feed.)