Armenian-Azerbaijani War: Nagorno-Karabakh death toll increased from 29 to 633 | World news

Yerevan: The Ministry of Defense of the Nagorno-Karabakh region has increased the number of military deaths to 633 since the outbreak of battle with the Azeri army on September 27th.

The battle soared to its worst level since the 1990s, when about 30,000 people were killed.

Armenia accused Turkey of blocking the use of airspace by emergency relief flights, and the Azerbaijani President warned of’new victims and new bloodshed’ in the mountains on September 27th.

President Ilham Aliyev Azeri called for Armenia to “stop attempts to reclaim its liberated territories” and said that if Armenia “behaves negatively” it will take over all regions of Nagorno-Karabakh.

Last Saturday’s truce was internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan with the aim of having both sides replace the bodies of those who died in conflict with inmates, but had little impact on the battles around Nagorno-Karabakh, a mountainous territory inhabited and ruled by the Armenian people Was not crazy. .

The most fatal explosion since the war in the 1990s killed about 30,000 people, and 604 Nagorno-Karabakh National Guards were killed, Armenian national authorities reported.

Three Azerbaijani civilians were killed and three wounded when shells fell into a cemetery at a funeral in Terter, Azerbaijan, according to presidential aid Hikmet Hajiev via Twitter.

This will add to the Azeri estimates provided on Wednesday that 43 civilians have died so far. Baku does not disclose military casualties. Prosecutors said Thursday that two civilians were wounded in the bombardment in the area.

The Armenian Prosecutor’s Office said the Azeri drone killed two soldiers in the Armenian Bardenis region, increasing the number of Armenian military deaths to five. Soldiers said they were not involved in military action.

Nagorno-Karabakh’s ombudsman’s tweet accused Azerbaijan of using heavy rockets aimed at private infrastructure in the village of Stepanakert.

Reuters was not able to independently verify the report.

Humanitarian concerns

International organizations, including the International Committee of the Red Cross, have warned that the conflict over the COVID-19 pandemic could leave tens of thousands of people in need of help in the coming months.

Zareh Sinanyan, High Commissioner for Armenian Diaspora Affairs, says Turkey has delayed 100 tons of aid from the United States because Turkey has banned humanitarian aid flights to Armenia.

The Armenian Civil Aviation Commission said Wednesday that Qatar Airways’ flights departing from Los Angeles were canceled but for no reason, said Tateviklebajian, chairman of the commission.

Revazyan told Reuters, “There is reason to argue that Turkey deliberately closed air routes.

The Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs dealing with airspace issues could not immediately comment.

In addition to humanitarian concerns, there is growing concern for Russia and Turkey. Turkey’s military exports to Azerbaijan, Turkey’s ally, increased six times this year, and Armenia signed a defense agreement with Russia.

Russia’s leader Vladimir Putin expressed concern over the involvement of Middle Eastern fighters in the dispute, although Turkey and Azerbaijan denied the existence of such fighters in a phone call with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: