Indian immigrants set a new record, accounting for a quarter of the total permanent residency granted by Canada in 2019. India news

According to Canada’s 2020 Immigration Congress Annual Report, Indian immigrants were the top permanent residents in the United States in 2019.

In 2019, the government led by Justin Trudeau welcomed more than 3,41,000 permanent residents, including 30,000 resettled refugees, and more than 4,02,000 study permits and 4,04,000 temporary work permits were also issued.

Of the 3,41,180 permanent residents, there were 85,593 Indians, equivalent to 25% of all permanent residents in 2019. This included 41,163 Indian women and 44,430 men. India was followed by China (30,246), the Philippines (27,818), Nigeria (12,602), and Pakistan (10,793).

Canada’s Minister said, “Canada continues to be a safe and welcome place for immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers. Immigrants are enormously enriching Canada, and the account of our progress over the past century and a half has not been completed without including the contributions of newcomers.” Immigration, refugees and citizenship Marco EL Mendi Chino.

“Even if we adapt to the tremendous challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, we cannot miss the tremendous benefits immigration brings to our prosperity and way of life. New immigrants bring not only their heritage and culture, but also their talents and ideas. And perspective. “

Mendicino claims, “With an investment of $7.6 million over four years, the department has chosen seven organizations to provide intensive language training to newcomers from French-speaking communities.”

According to reports, net immigration accounted for 80% of Canada’s population growth from 2017 to 2018, with the remaining 20% ​​through natural growth. From 2018 to 2019, Canada’s population growth rate was 1.4%, the highest growth rate among the G7 countries.

In 2019, Canada resettled the world’s largest number of refugees for the second year in a row, and made the fifth-largest financial contribution to the International Organization for Migration.

Canada has also developed a 2021-2023 immigration level plan, taking into account the evolving situation of COVID-19 and its impact on permanent residency. The plan aims to allow 4,01,000 new permanent residents by 2021. They also expected 4,11,000 admissions by 2022 and 4,21,000 admissions by 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: